Registration, Participant, and Location Information
2022 Festival Registration
Registration opens soon
Forms open January 18, 2022
Where to stay? Directions to Casper College? Where to park that big bus?
The Casper College Kinser Jazz Festival is a non-competetive, educational event that gives, junior, middle, high school, college, and university music programs the opportunity to perform for an audience and expert adjudicators.
All levels and classifications will perform in Wheeler Concert Hall. All ensembles are given 30 minutes of warm-up time in an assigned space in which to store cases, coats, and equipment followed by 30 minutes of performance on the Wheeler Concert Hall stage, and a final 30 minutes of clinic time in the assigned space.
BEFORE THE FESTIVAL
- Review the campus map (PDF) with your driver for bus loading, unloading, and parking
- Review Casper College’s emergency notification procedures
- Submit your completed instrumental or vocal adjudication and stage set-up forms online by Wednesday, February 9, 2022. The standard stage set-up will be in place unless you complete the online form by the deadline.
AT THE FESTIVAL
- Storage – Cases, coats, and other equipment should be stored in the assigned location. Casper College does not monitor these rooms and is not responsible for theft or damage. It is best to leave personal and valuable items on your bus or carry them with you at all times.
- Check-in – Check in at the registration table in the Music Building atrium 30 minutes before your performance time. Please provide 2 copies of each score at check in. Your guide will be introduced to you and escort your ensemble through your entire performance rotation.
- The festival provides the following equipment:
- Instrumental ensembles – seated risers, music stands and chairs, acoustic piano, bass amp, guitar amp, drum set (4-piece set with ride, crash, and hihat cymbals), vibraphone (minus mallets), congas, and a sound technician.
- Vocal ensembles – risers, acoustic piano, bass amp, guitar am, drum set, PA system (up to 16 microphones), and a sound technician
- Ensemble Photography – We are pleased to provide ensemble photos following your clinic through Ben Winkler Photography.
- Finished adjudication packets – Completed adjudication packets (including adjudicator comments and ratings or comments only, soloist awards, and your music scores), a complimentary USB with video and audio files will be provided at the check-in table not more than 2 hours after your performance. You are responsible for retrieving your packet; the Casper College Kinser Jazz Festival does not guarantee mailing your completed packet to your school after the festival.
- Campus food service – The Tobin Dining Hall is located in the Student Union building (UU). See campus map. Food service tickets must be purchased by Wednesday, February 9, 2022.
- Lost and Found – Casper College is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Lost and found collection point is located at the Check-in table. Any items remaining at the conclusion of the festival will be discarded unless easily identifiable with the organization’s name, contact person, and mailing address.
- Security – The safety of all campus employees and visitors is paramount. Please review the college’s emergency notification channels. Sign up for mobile emergency alert notifications.